Sunday, May 16, 2010

Melbourne


I've been in Melbourne this weekend for my uncles wedding. We weren't staying in the centre but managed to get into the city for a couple of hours yesterday before it all began. Love this city! We went to the Vic markets and didn't really have heaps of time but got to the art gallery for about 1/2 hour to see a bit of the European Masters Exhibition. I think my fave painting was a Monet that I'd actually already seen in Sydney last year when the Gallery of NSW had his exhibition.

It's always fun hanging with my brother who I personally consider one of the most creative people I know. He's recently been asked by a friend to illustrate a childrens book/novel cover. We were talking a bit about art and other creative outlets and expressions. He hasn't been doing as much art lately but he made a comment that I thought was pretty cool.
He said ' I find just being with people is creative'. I like that.


Melbourne is a cool city but the highlight of the weekend was hanging out with my fam... not too often we all get together these days. The ceremony was lovely.

Quote of the night came from (86 year old) Grandpa who back in the day was a quantus pilot (he came down by plane from Sydney on friday morning). When someone asked him if he flew down, he answered "Gosh no, I haven't been flying for years!!!" (he was thinking they thought he'd piloted the plane).

No comments:

Post a Comment